A Pinterest Review:
I found a recipe for homemade Chick-fil-A’s Grilled Market Salad, but how does it compare to the real thing?
I am in love with Chick-fil-A’s Grilled Market Salad – – the fresh fruit, thin sliced chicken, with blue cheese and the perfect apple vinaigrette, it’s SO good! I found a recipe on Pinterest for a homemade version. It’s gluten free friendly, so I decided to give it a go!
The recipe I used included a chicken marinade, but I only used the recipe for the dressing. I made the chicken, and bought berries, blue cheese and greens. I used a dressing I had in my fridge to marinade my chicken (for about 24 hrs), then I cut it up really small.
I brought home a Chick-fil-A salad so I could compare it to my own.
Here’s how I made the dressing:
Copycat Zesty Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 5 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Honey (sweetener)
- 1//2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked Black Pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Put all ingredients into a jar and shake *Because of the oil, shake before using
- To store: seal in air-tight container and store in the fridge. Bring to room temperature before serving.
– Apples & Strawberries, cut up
– Blue Cheese, crumbled
– Mixed nuts
– Granola -not necessary but it’s on Chick-fil-A’s
I put this together and it was delicious!! My dressing was a bit more tangy, but I didn’t mind. You could add more honey (to taste) to sweeten it up. With the colored berries and vibrant greens it not only tastes good, but looks good too. A great salad for company!
LEFT: CHICK-FIL-A RIGHT: COPYCAT